Saturday, June 20, 2009

Loving Liberty's Kids

While browsing through the library yesterday I spotted the Liberty's Kids Complete Series on DVD! I can't even express to you how excited I was because I know that this is one of my kids' favorite shows of all time and it's such a treasure trove of knowledge about the American Revolution!

Yesterday we watched disc 1 (there are 6 discs and a total of 40 episodes) and this morning the first words out of W's mouth were, "Can we watch Liberty's Kids now?"

Following his lead I did a bit of research and found a Liberty's Kids website that includes games, e-cards, and a ton of behind the scenes and historical information. I'm sure the boys will be playing on it all day if I let them.

I'm loving immersing ourselves in a little American history...it's a nice change from the ancient history we've been studying for the last 2 years.

Hope you're enjoying your day,

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about purchasing these..I'll have to check our library first ;)

    ReplyDelete