Thursday, March 19, 2009

Praying for the World and World Missions

Bible
Ephesians 6:19
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,

Social Studies
I'll be using this or another world map color page/worksheet as a the starting point to a very basic world geography discussion. Once we've identified all of the continents on the worksheet I'll use the big world map to point out some of the countries we've studied on each of them. (We've not studied Australia yet but will be doing so in just a few weeks.)

Art
Prayer Journal

United States of America Flag Color Page - Write prayers for our country on the white stripes of the flag.

Games

Playing Map Tangle by Borderline Games is a great way to learn world geography and you could use the 33 square foot world map to assign kids specific continents to sit on or near and pray for.

Prayer Focus/Missionaries
We'll be using this M&M's are for Missions prayer idea from KidsPrayer.com to help the kids learn to pray for the world. This will require a short explanation of the different religions and people groups we're praying for.

We'll also be praying in teams for many of the missionaries we've learned about over the past year. I'll be asking adults to help lead the prayer teams in small groups when we do this. Click here for a missionary's explanation of how to pray for a missionary.

Music
The obvious choices for music for this lesson would be "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" or "Jesus Loves the Little Children". Feel free to get creative.


Creative Writing/ Books to Read
As a class we will come up with our own adoration alphabet.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links, and for your heart for missions and the family. Another great on-line geography resource I found are simple map quizzes, on lizardpoint.com. These have really helped our kids learn the countries of the world.

    Blessings to you!
    Ann - author of The Mission-Minded Family

    P.S. We just launched a brand-new Harvest Ministry - Mission-Minded LIFE site. It's a combo of a website and blog (with many articles to equip families to be more effective for eternity), and from now on, I'll be doing all of my "Mission-Minded LIFE" blogging over there. Come take a look.

    ReplyDelete