Saturday, December 27, 2008

Book Review: Escape from the Slave Traders by Dave and Neta Jackson

I recently finished reading the book Escape from the Slave Traders by Dave and Neta Jackson. It's from the Trailblazer Books series and I found it at the library while researching David Livingstone. It's based on actual events that took place during his second visit to Africa.

It's the story of two young African boys who are captured by slave traders in a plot to start a war. David Livingstone is a missionary in Africa and doing everything he can to put an end to slave trading.

If you're interested in knowing if he's able to help these two boys then I highly recommend this book. It's written for kids ages 9-12 but I enjoyed it (and was able to read it in a few hours) and would pass it on to older teens and adults without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment