A sweet friend gave me the book pictured to the left as a Christmas gift. It's called God's Great Ambition and describes itself as "A Mega-Motivating Crash Course on God's Heart...". It's full of quotes about missions, missions work and Christianity in general, many of them from the Bible. I've really enjoyed reading through it and thought I'd share a few of my favorite quotes with you.- Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:8,9
- In Turkey there is only 1 Christian for every 160,000 people.
- There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things. D.L. Moody
- He rescues and he saves... Daniel 6:27
- Rise and shine friend, everyone you meet today is on Heaven's Most Wanted list. Chuck Swindoll
The book is full of this kind of inspiration and exhortation. I could share many, many more that are inspiring to me personally but instead I'll leave you with just one more. This one really hit me hard and has been the source of much pondering...
- Missions Omission: 8 of every 10 dollars held by Christians are in the hands of American Christians.
No comments:
Post a Comment