Friday, December 26, 2008

Celebration and Contemplation

I wish I could take days like yesterday and wrap them into little balls that I could bounce (re-live) anytime I wanted. Spending time with family and celebrating together makes me feel all cozy and blissful. And I've gotta brag...my family and I have gotten really good at enjoying each others company. (We weren't always good at it. It took a little work to get where we are today.)

Now it's the day after and I am in a mode of contemplation. This is very typical for me this time of year. I'm asking, "What are our strengths? What are our weaknesses? Are we living God's plan for us? Are we being good stewards? What can we do better? Where do I need to back off and let God work?", etc. It's a time of prayer and planning and I actually enjoy it.

So next year is coming fast and there are changes to be made and to be looked forward to. A couple of those changes seem to be interconnected when maybe they wouldn't normally be. For instance, we've talking a lot about being better stewards of all that God has blessed us with and we've been wanting to focus more on character development and missions in our homeschool. So when we were checking out KONOS unit studies and came across their KONOS in a bag study called Africa: The Land of Stewardship we got really excited. We're hoping this will help all four of us achieve the goals mentioned above.

I truly hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that you're experiencing God's call on your life in a supernatural way! God bless you and keep you.

3 comments:

  1. hey!! so we're in town...and i am hoping that i will see you!! jeff is singing this weekend at church...which he just found out about by the way...so, hopefully you can be there!!!

    i soooooo miss you my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing, especially all through early January. Love reevaluating and seeing what God is doing and has done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had an amazing Christmas. I'm sure you'll get a handle on everything you want to tackle in the new year!

    ReplyDelete