I just signed up for their email newsletter 2 weeks ago and already I'm sold. It's free and arrives in my inbox once a week, and best of all the art and craft ideas are totally easy and doable without much fuss. So go check it out!
On another note, sorry for my absence. Life has been a bit crazy and I'm trying to sort some things out as far as our homeschool goes. I've written (and ranted) about parts of it but I've not really been able to put the rest of it into words.
Like I told my friend Candyce, if my first year of homeschooling had gone like this I may have given up, but because it's my fourth year I know to persevere and it will work it's self out. Please don't misunderstand me, the boys are doing fine, things just aren't flowing the way they used to and I'm struggling personally to find a rhythm in the midst of it all.
I've been in constant prayer and don't feel like I should be as worn out by all of this as I am. God is in control of my life and my homeschool and I feel that He is urging me to relax, but sometimes that's easier said than done.
Well, time to get back to it. Hope you're having a great day,
Oh Penny! I hope you can find some peace soon. Its not fun living in a constant state of anxiety. Keep on working...it will work itself out :) Hopefully I can stop in and say hi soon!
ReplyDeleteDear Penny,
ReplyDeleteI just want to encourage you in regards to your homeschooling. God will give you a divine balance for each day. They won't all look the same, and they won't necessarily be for you to "showcase." Sometimes, we just need to obey God, even if we're not doing very well. I've had "off" days, "off" weeks, and even "off" years.
A good meditation verse for homeschooling challenges is from the end of Ecclesiates 12:
12 And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh. 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. 14 For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.
P.S. I love the part that God brings every secret GOOD thing into judgement. When no one else notices those little things we do, it's one of my favorite homeschool thoughts.
Blessings to you!
Ann