I've been struggling like crazy with our "schedule"/routine this school year. We started out with a very rigid schedule and then switched to a "routine", then a list of expectations for the day and then we had no schedule or routine at all...I just tried to squeeze it in and get creative. Now I'm back to our list of expectations and I think I like this system the best. (See pic below)

Patience, perseverance and flexibility have been the name of the game when trying to schedule our homeschooling day. Just as I think I've figured it all out something or someone changes and I revamp some or all of what I'm doing. Eventually we find our rhythm (for a while.)
There is one thing about our schedule this year that has remained consistent. When I get the boys out of bed by 8 am we get a
ton of schooling and house work done!
I'll have to think on that one a bit. 8 am comes early in Wonderful Hubby's house. (He's not a morning person.)
Any suggestions??
Can you get the quiet time stuff done early so as not to bother him? Like maybe reading, or bible work, or even the chores that are quiet like laundry or dusting...
ReplyDeleteJust a suggestion. Andrew is not a morning person either so it can be to find things to do so as not to disturb them :)