Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Terrific Artistic Tuesday

Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy art. Whether it's painting or drawing or weaving, I love the process!
In our homeschool today we celebrated "Terrific Artistic Tuesday" (a concept I borrowed my friend over at Inspiration Station) by busting out the pattern blocks and using them to create a picture and then paint it. Well, that was the idea anyway...I'm the only one who actually did the project as assigned! My big boy (6) used the blocks to create an interesting shape and then traced around the entire thing and called it an underwater robot monster. My little boy (4) painted lines and puddles of every color all over the page and then traced around the circle block with orange to make a sun.
I know it sounds like I didn't explain the project very well but I think I did. I told them they could make patterned snakes or geometric flowers, houses or landscapes with the blocks. I also told them it was their choice and they know that with art I enforce no rules. So they had fun doing it their own way.
Anyway, in addition to "Terrific Artistic Tuesday", we will also be enjoying...
  • Wonderful Words (Literature and Languages) Wednesday
  • Thankful for Social Studies Thursday
  • Fascinating Science Friday
  • and Music and Missions Monday

Like I said I borrowed this idea from my friend's blog...I did change a couple of them a bit to suit my goals and our family but for the most part I can take no credit.

I hope all is well for you! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment