Wednesday, September 9, 2009

History, Science, Bible, Math and Then Some...Yeah, It's What We Do


  • The boys enjoyed skateboarding with Dad first thing this morning. They love going while everyone else is in school so that they have the whole park to themselves.
  • We read about Samuel being born to Hannah and then "adopted" by Eli to do the work of the Lord. This was of special interest to the boys since I gave my first son up for adoption almost 16 years ago.
  • We recited Philippians 1:1-11 mostly by memory. We've been working on this passage for a long time and we're hoping to memorize the entire book by the end of the school year.
  • We listened to part of the Story of the World on CD while doing our chores.
  • Then we listened to chapters 7 and 8 of Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods while having some down time. (Then I took a nap.)
  • The boys dyed lots of popsicle sticks black to be used in a future art project. It was very messy and I was not nearly as excited about this project as they were but I rejoiced in the fact they chose this activity and not video games or a movie!
  • We then watched lots of cardboard testimonies on you tube and discussed some of them. My church is doing this on Sunday and they've asked me to participate so I thought I should do some research.
  • The boys counted up their money separately and then together...they're saving for something big! (An air soft gun...not sure how I feel about that but Dad says they're going to make some targets together and that that's all they will be allowed to shoot at.)
  • We also bathed the hermit crabs today. We thought we'd lost one but apparently he was just molting.
  • Both boys read out loud to me...not their favorite part of the day but it is mine.
  • Tonight the boys will attend Wednesday night children's church and probably hang out while Dad has band practice afterward.

So there you have it, a day in the life!

Hope you've had a day full of wonder,

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you had a pretty full day. May I suggest to please visit Crab Street Journal for proper care and needs for your sons hermit crab?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just want to introduce myself I'm Eevee bumped into your blog through Chrisitan Unschooling. Seems like today was a very productive day for you and the kids. btw/Just want to say LOVE the purple hair girl ;) lol I thought I would never...ever find another homeschooler with funky hair like me :)

    Take Care.
    Eevee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the introduction Eevee! I'm looking forward to checking out your blog.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete