Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Art Dream Come True

It may seem silly to some, but since I was about 15 I've dreamed of having an "art studio" in my home. But we live in a small house and at 768 square feet it's never felt like our house could handle it. So art supplies stayed spread out in drawers and boxes and bedrooms and closets...
No more. I recently inherited the cabinet pictured below from my Grandma...and placed in the kitchen/dining room/school room it makes for a nice place to store art supplies. (That's my bread maker sitting beside it.)


I've yet to gather all of our supplies but here is a pic of the inside holding a few basics! Several types of paints and brushes, beads, craft sticks, markers, pencils, glue, tp (you might be surprised), scrap cardboard, scissors, etc.


In no time at all we realized we had our art studio and J put it to good use! He made himself a sword, telescope, shield and armour out of scrap cardboard and paper bags.

And then spent quite a bit of time exploring color theory. This is one of his new favorite past times. He loves to see what happens when you add just a little more yellow...or green or red or whatever color he's enjoying at the moment.

With a daddy who's a hairdresser and colorist we have no problem making the connection between hours of messy color mixing and real life.

To end this post I thought I'd leave you with this video. We first saw it over at Mrs. Pivec's blog and it's been one of our fav's since!








Have a good day,

No comments:

Post a Comment