
The boys and I have been studying our way through the book of Genesis for almost a year now and have learned a tremendous amount and grown in our faith along the way. We've been using the Veritas Press Genesis through Joshua Homeschool Kit as well as other resources we have on hand.
One of those other resources we've enjoyed the most has been the book Brave Believers. It's a Bible Storybook with illustrations that focus' on the lives of men and women in the Old and New Testaments who "dared" to trust God.
So far we've read about Abraham and Jacob and we're beginning to read about Joseph today.
What I really like about this book is that the stories are very thorough and easy to read. (Scripture is taken from the Contemporary English Version of the Bible.) Genesis 22/Abraham's test was not glossed over. We see the faithfulness and the faults of the people we're learning about. The back of the book also includes explanations of difficult words and phrases.
Studying the Bible with my kids has been such a blessing. I'm learning and growing with them and we're working through their questions as a family. I have to say though, the best part is knowing that God's word does not return void and that Bible study is a wise investment of our time. (For them and for me!) I can teach math, language arts, science or whatever else I wish but none of it will serve us the way the study and memorization of God's word will. We are so privileged to have the ability to read and the availability of the Bible and Bible study resources.
Hope you're enjoying this wonderful day,
No comments:
Post a Comment