We don't trick or treat together, they do their neighborhood and we do ours, but this tradition brings us together to celebrate each others creativity and have fun!
striving to plant the seeds of God's love and still dreaming of a better world for all
Friday, October 31, 2008
Cousins and Pumpkins and Fun
Most children I know spend all of October looking forward to dressing up and trick or treating on Halloween. In my house we also look forward to this...
Each year my sis and I get our kids together (at her house) and carve pumpkins the week of Halloween. We cover her table with newspaper and have at it. The adults always help the kids scrape the inside of the pumpkins and then we use the guts to give ourselves pumpkin facials. (I was an esthetician in my "life before kids" and used to give pumpkin facials all the time.)
We don't trick or treat together, they do their neighborhood and we do ours, but this tradition brings us together to celebrate each others creativity and have fun!
We don't trick or treat together, they do their neighborhood and we do ours, but this tradition brings us together to celebrate each others creativity and have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'd never heard of pumpkin facials before... I'm intrigued, though slightly skeptical as it seems pretty messy! :)
ReplyDeletewell done on the pumpkin carving!