Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our Wonderful Hunters

Warning: This post contains photos of my cat "playing" with a snake.





Two indoor/outdoor cats share our living space, and we love them very much. Whitney was a stray with a wonderful story of how he came to us...maybe I'll post on that later but I'll tell you the story involves a full year of J praying and then a scenario that only God could have orchestrated. Here is a pic of Whitney. Isn't he precious!





And here are pictures I took yesterday of Cheyenne killing a snake. (She came to us from my dad's farm.) I know that the snake she's "playing with" is a garter snake and not harmful to humans but I can't help thanking her for ridding us of yet another one. (We have about 10 in our back yard!)






Having an indoor/outdoor pet is usually frowned upon in the suburbs but I appreciate that these two earn their keep. I would guess that they kill dozens of mice every year, along with other rodents who want to eat my vegetables. To be honest it makes me love them even more!

3 comments:

  1. Go kitty!!!! My old cat used to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, how about when my dogs are locked safely inside...you guide your cats to my backyard to check for snakes :)

    ReplyDelete