
I admit it! I am one of those annoying homeschool moms who love to pour over curriculum catalogs, write lesson plans, etc. When new homeschool materials are delivered to my door it's like Christmas to me! I get so excited and I can't wait to read every book, workbook and text and see if it really lives up to my expectations.
That being said, I wanted to share with you that I placed my first order for next years materials last night. I ordered the Ancient Egypt Fun Kit pictured above, an American Composers Coloring Book for each of the boys and a couple of books I've had my eye on.
That being said, I wanted to share with you that I placed my first order for next years materials last night. I ordered the Ancient Egypt Fun Kit pictured above, an American Composers Coloring Book for each of the boys and a couple of books I've had my eye on.
I'm thinking the coloring books are going to be fun. What we'll do is color one page a week and then listen to some music by that composer and talk about it. It's not going to be very in depth and will focus more on exposure than anything else. They're both taking piano lessons, and we end up hanging out with and listening to lots of musicians (one night a week I work at a Christian coffeehouse that has live music every weekend) so I figure we're good as far as music class goes and this coloring book should be a fun addition.
Anyway, it's nice to have a place to gush and be annoying about my homeschool with out having to face anyone! Hope you're having a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment