Saturday, April 19, 2008

Road Trip to Colorado

Last week my family took a road trip to Colorado Springs, Colorado, and had a wonderful time! We drove 600 miles to reach our destination and endured a storm that included white out conditions. It was quite nerve racking to look out the windshield of the car and see only white, literally. At one point I said, "Honey, can you see anything?" He responded with the one word I was hoping he would not use, "No". At that moment the wind died down enough that the snow quit blowing and we were able to just miss a semi jackknifed in the right lane, a wrecked car and several emergency vehicles...talk about a close call. We ended up getting off the highway at the very next exit; we all needed a breather after that!

Eventually we made it in good condition and the rest of our trip was amazing. We visited many beautiful places but today I just thought I'd share 3 pictures .

The picture below is of the boys walking through the Cliff Dwellings of the Anasazi Indians. It was amazing. I think I'll do a whole post on this later.

We also visited the Focus on the Family Visitor's Center and enjoyed their 3 story slide, Whit's Soda Shop and much more. Here is a picture of hubby and I in the Narnia room. My 5 year old took this picture for us.
On the drive home we noticed this wind farm and took a ton of pictures. I didn't realize we had these in Kansas.
Anyway, like I said we had a great time. Everyone got along well, even in the car and we wore ourselves out having fun in Colorado.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there my friend! I finally made it to your blog! I love reading about what you wrote and seeing pictures of "yall"! We have to get together!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete