- I will get up and work out and pray.
- 8:30 Breakfast is served.
- 9 to 10 Chore hour
- 10 Table time
- 11:30 Boys take turns reading out loud to me while I make lunch.
- 12 Lunch
- 12:30 Bible/History time
- time to finish up any chores that didn't get finished in the a.m.
I've also made chore cards to cover each and every chore that must be completed in order to maintain a reasonably clean home. There are 24 chores and 4 of us including my hubby. That means we need to take responsibility for 6 chores each.
Tonight we will have a family meeting and let hubby chose his chores first. Then the boys will take turns choosing theirs and I will take whatever is left over.
Today I woke up sick and realized right away (as my 7 year old was telling me that I am the mom and so it is my job and not his to clean up the tea that he spilled and make his breakfast) that the house was going to be in shambles and the day lost due to me being out of commission. This is just not acceptable to me. I can't believe I've allowed this to happen. My boys are healthy and strong and have good hearts but apparently my oldest has also developed a huge sense of entitlement.
Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment