Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day 90 at Life and Love Learning Center

I had a wonderful day with the boys today making Christmas gifts from them to our extended family! It's always so nice to spend a day thinking of those we love and being creative. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to share but I do have a funny story!

When I decided to make today our crafting day I also decided that the only school we would do would be our memory work. For my 2ND grader this included counting by 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's and 10's, consonant and vowel digraphs, Isaiah 7:14, Ecclesiastes 11:5 and Latin vocabulary review. My Kindergartner counted by 2's, 5's and 10's, reviewed the most common sounds of the ABC's and did the same Bible and Latin work as his brother. I should also mention that they both practiced piano.

So between the memory work, piano and the Christmas crafts I thought it would be OK to count it as a school day. We don't usually slide by like this but once in a while it happens and I don't worry about it.

We were feeling so sentimental about our family that we headed over to my sister's house just as soon as she picked her kids up from school, and I overheard my 11 year old niece talking about what her school day was like. She said that all they did was have a holiday party, eat pizza and watch "It's a Wonderful Life".

I was so excited! It made me feel much better about day 90 in our homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment