Today we're working our new language arts plans. Both boys have assessed their strengths, weaknesses and passions in the areas of reading and writing and have come up with a learning plan to follow for the next month. So far so good. They like the fact that they're working their own plans not one that's been forced on them. I like that they're taking responsibility for their educations and working toward their goals.
Joshua is a budding writer! How exciting! He can spend hours at the computer writing his book. Love it. He's really enjoying the book, Write What You See. It's full of interesting photographs and story starters.

Wesley is doing a lot of reading...quietly and out loud. He's really committed to improvement in this area. Right now he's reading the book, Indian Captive, The Story of Mary Jemison.
As for me I'm working hard to be consistent with our schedule. The whole family does better when we follow a basic routine but for whatever reason I find it hard to stick with it for more than a week or two at a time...
Lately I've been hearing, "I want to go to school" from the boys a lot more often than I used to. It makes me sad and I end up thinking, maybe it's time. Then I start praying about it and I fall in love with homeschooling again. Hopefully some of my passion will rub off on them...
No comments:
Post a Comment