Friday, December 25, 2009

Southern Peach Cobbler and Merry Christmas

I know, peach cobbler doesn't exactly yell Christmas to me either. However, one of Wonderful Hubby's clients was kind enough to give us two jars of canned peaches as a Christmas gift, so I thought we'd use them in the way we like best! J helped make this recipe and loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you.


Southern Peach Cobbler
pinch of salt
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 c. milk
8 T butter
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
8 peaches cut into 34 slices
  • set oven to 350 degrees
  • place butter in large rectangle baking dish and put in oven to melt while preheating
  • mix 1/4 cup sugar with cut peaches until syrupy
  • combine remaining ingredients in bowl
  • pour batter into baking dish over melted butter
  • add peaches
  • bake for 1 hour
  • serve warm

Hope you enjoy. Oh and while J helped make the peach cobbler, W made these no bake cookies! We took both to our Christmas celebration last night with our family!

Merry Christmas blogging friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment