
*Give my kids a "reason" to write.
I'm looking for pen-pals...children and/or adults...international and domestic.
I'm also thinking that I will start encouraging them to blog a few times a week and I will purchase a couple of magnetic poetry sets (J loves to play with these at the library).
I think we're doing better on writing, though we have a ways to go. We've yet to find a pen-pal (any suggestions?) but the boys have written thank you notes or notes of encouragement to various people about once week. As for blogging it hasn't happened nearly as often as I'd originally planned...we'll see what happens.
We're doing a lot better with reading!!
We are working on reading quietly for 15 full minutes at a time. It's hard for J because he's so squirmy and get distracted so easily but I think it is a worthwhile goal. There are times in life for quiet and learning self control is a good thing. :) Besides, I told them that when we reach our goal the first time I will take them to Chuck E. Cheese! (What boy can resist that?)
Have a blessed day,

Well if your interested I have an
ReplyDelete8yr old boy that could become a pen pal for your son.
Just let me know.
We've used 100 easy lessons in the past put both my daughter and I to sleep ;) lol
Blessings,
Eevee
An idea for a reason to write might be to read "Flat Stanley" and then have each boy compose their own letter and copy of Stanley to mail out to others. Suggestions are found in the book.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the ideas ladies!
ReplyDeleteEevee, will you please email me your address? My email is on my profile. Thanks.
Penny