Saturday, May 23, 2009

Small Gifts for Missionary Children

I have a friend who was a missionary kid in Mexico and she says that she LOVED getting little gifts in the mail. Her favorite was books!

I'm reminded of her telling me this because this month we'll be sending cards, photos and small gifts to 3 different missionary families in different parts of the world. Between the 3 families there are 3 girls and 4 boys so I've been brainstorming about what to send them (trying to keep the cost of shipping in mind).

I thought I'd share some ideas in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. (Some of these ideas came directly from one of the familys we're writing to.)

  • bouncy balls
  • pencil grips
  • key chains
  • water balloons
  • worship CDs
  • hair bands
  • photographs
  • stickers
  • paperback books
  • friendship bracelets
  • stationary
  • bandannas
  • Frisbees
  • journals
  • paper dolls
  • gum
If you're not personally involved in praying for, supporting and/or staying in touch with at least one missionary or missionary family, I encourage you to seek God's guidance as to how he would have you get involved. It's such a blessing to be a part of the work God is doing throughout the world!

Lots of love,

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome list! I have friends in Mexico working at a children's home and I need to do better at sending them things. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete