Friday, April 3, 2009

Horrid Mess or Homeschool?

So what would you say if you walked into your kitchen and saw this mess on your table....

and this mess on your child's hands?


I didn't say much. I first of all realized it was partially my fault for leaving J unsupervised with all these fun ingredients still sitting on the table. (I had them out making chicken and dumplings and then got distracted and didn't put them away.) I also figured a little mess never hurt anyone, especially since my kids are fairly used to cleaning up after themselves.
I did draw the line however when he asked for more milk for his "dough". I told him he was already a horrid mess, to which he responded...
"It's not a horrid mess Mom, it's homeschool!"

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahaha. I can even imagine the awesome look on his face while he said that! :)

    What fun you guys must have everyday! I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That isd SO our household--on a daily basis. Though they are expected to use water (because you can replace liquids with water.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dh has learned to pick things off the counter and bring them to me..."Is this garbage or a project?" he'll ask. :)

    ReplyDelete