Saturday, January 10, 2009

Valentine's Day Cards for Missionaries

Creative Writing/Art/Missionaries
Just like last year, I'd like to direct you to these free Valentine's Day notebooking pages. Last year I suggested using these to make Valentine's cards for family and neighbors. This year I think it would be great to use them to write letters to missionaries and missionary kids for Valentine's Day. (Especially if you've adopted a missionary family or have a missionary pen-pal.) This will be one of our activities when I teach missions this month and the reason we're doing it in January is because I want the cards to have plenty of opportunity to arrive at their overseas destinations on time.

To personalize the cards we'll be writing acrostic poems about God's love for the missionaries to enjoy.


Bible

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 4:9 (New International Version)

In all things we seek to point our kids to Christ and Valentine's Day is no different so let's celebrate the greatest love...God's love!

Prayer Focus

We'll be praying specifically for the missionaries our church supports and then for missions workers in general and for all the people in the world who have yet to hear the good news of God's love for them! And of course, we'll be praising and thanking God for His love!

Happy Valentine's Day (a little early),

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great mission-minded idea, and the link to the Valentine notebook pages.

    Good job (and blessings to you!)
    Ann

    P.S. Hy husband, Jon, and our just-graduated-from-college son, Josh, will be leaving to Mozambique and Swaziland this Thursday! Thanks so much for having your class pray for them!

    ReplyDelete