I'm happy to report that our homeschooling has been going very well the last several weeks. We've stuck pretty closely to the routine I wrote about at the end of December and so far it seems to be working out. We've enjoyed the KONOS in a bag unit study on Africa, although I admit that it takes a back seat when needed and without guilt. Some days we just can't fit it in.
We're loving using Teaching with God's Heart for the World, although I admit it might not work out for us if we were trying to use it more than one day a week.
For now we've pulled way back on foreign languages and our 50 states study. These things just don't seem to fit in for now. We'll get back to them and I'm looking forward to it but for now they are no longer a priority.
The boys are fully immersed in Bible study with church twice a week (this is new to us), Bible memory and the KONOS study. W has drama and J has an enrichment program he enjoys (art, martial arts and choir) and we belong to a mini-co-op (art, cooking and field trips). We've also refocused our energy toward the 3r's so I'd say we're having a nice rich learning focused life.
So anyway, that's where we are and what we're doing! And for the first time this school year I feel like we're in our groove. Praise the LORD!

It sounds like you guys are busy busy busy!! I got your message the other day, but I only had 30 minutes before class and I wanted the dogs to be able to play before I left. I will be here all weekend so I will try and stop in so we can really catch up! I miss YOU :)
ReplyDelete