Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Breaking My Addiction to Bottled Water

As of October of 2008 it's been10 years since I've smoked a cigarette. I smoked for 8 years before I quit and it was really hard. It took me a full year and a half of hating it every single time I lit up! Part of the difficulty was that most everyone I hung out with at the time including my future husband was a smoker.

Now I'm facing a similar problem with bottled water. I know that it sounds silly but for some reason we've become a people who prefer a bottle to a cup. And when you're married to a man who refuses to drink water from the tap it is somehow easier to grab a bottle (there's always a case in the house) than a cup from the cupboard.

However, I am choosing to rebel against my own laziness and take control of my habits. Because I prefer a bottle over a cup I will be using a SIGG bottle from now on. I've actually had a few of these for a while but I'm ashamed to say that until now they weren't put to good use. So I'm telling those who know me and all of my blogging friends that I am going to try very hard to have one by my side at all times. (Please call me on it if you see me with plastic!) This will accomplish two things. One is I can cross #46 off my list of 100 things. And two, hopefully I will stay more hydrated.

So there you have it. I'm kicking yet another addiction and stepping closer to my dream life all with one good decision!

Have a wonderful day,

4 comments:

  1. You have inspired me. I need to kick that addiction too. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this idea! I want one of those bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I have a great water bottle from Target that I carry around - take it to work every day. Are you drinking tap water? I don't like the taste of the tap water here so I have a Brita pitcher - keep it in the fridge - always have cold, filtered water. And the filters last at least a month - I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete