Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Mouse in My House!!

Once again, we're taking a scheduled break from school. This one is supposed to last 2 full weeks but that sounds too long to me. This time next month I'll be singing a different tune I'm sure!

So, we've watched several movies and played the Wii a lot. We've had some quiet time but mostly the boys are playing a lot together.

In other exciting (horrifying) news, I found this little guy (see pic below not above) in my kitchen a couple of days ago! I couldn't believe it. I have two cats who are avid and very skilled hunters. Almost every day I see dead squirrels, chipmunks, mice, birds or rabbits in my yard, and yet there is a live mouse in my house!!! I couldn't kill it myself so the boys and I trapped it and put it outside. (Note the high tech trap.)

Hubby says it probably just ran right back into the house and he's probably right. So we went and got some traps. I have to admit my frustration...I mean this really is part of the reason we got the cats in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love them. I just want them to earn their keep.
Hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday and that no rodents are disturbing your peaceful home.
:)

3 comments:

  1. You are a brave woman! I would have left the house and called Richard to come and catch it. Not returning until the thing was gone! Rodents are not my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha,
    Actually I'm not very brave at all but I do have 2 brave boys! They're the ones who did most of the work to trap the thing. I was literally on top of a chair until it was under the cup. I did slip the plate under and carry it out but I'm not sure I was being brave! ;)
    Talk to ya soon,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww such a "cute" mouse. hehe. I like rodents as pets. The ones that come from pet stores.

    Hope you enjoy your school vacay! I have no school next week and I didn't know it til today! So I get an unexpected school break. :D

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete