We've finally started the Bible and History curriculum that I've had my eyes on since my 2ND grader was in preschool! You can check it out here. It's listed under second grade and you'll have to click on Bible and then History (or vise versa). Anyway, for the next 2 semesters we will cover Genesis through Joshua and Ancient Egypt. In looking over the teacher's manual the last week or so it seems to be very easy to adapt and use. I did not purchase all of the reference materials that they recommend but I think I can still get a very good grasp on the material. I'll be checking out lots of library books and such. We'll also be adding to our Bible notebooks as we study the major events and people in the Bible. We'll include some of the worksheets provided but will also be looking for lap booking elements that we can include to make some of our notebook pages 3-D! I'm so looking forward to this adventure and I'm sure that I will be learning quite a bit as well!Finally, I'd like to share that much to my amazement my morning, night and homeschool routines have provided me with more free time than I've ever had as a parent...well, that and the new bedtime for the boys, so I am a happy wife and mommy. It's too bad it took me so long to realize that structure allows for the freedom I've always longed for minus the chaos I've always dreaded!
I love you and I'm SO proud of you and your progress with the boys! You live and learn!
ReplyDelete