Saturday, December 1, 2007

Advent at our house

One of our favorite Christmas traditions is the Advent Calander. I made this calander a few years ago so that I could personalize it every year. The twig and ribbon it hung on last year got broken and never repaired...so for now it's just tacked up on the wall. It has five rows of five pockets to total 25 pockets.


We begin each year on December 1st and end on December 25th. For now we study the same 5 Bible verses or passages 5 times throughout the season. This year we're studying the Bible prophesy that inspired the song
"O Come, O Come Emmanuel".


Of course they get candy to go with their lesson each day! This year I raided the halloween candy before it got too depleted...

So this is how we celebrate Advent in our house. It's so fun and it keeps us focused on Jesus and not on being crazy consumers!

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment