Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Making our dreams a reality!

I'm so very tired but I'm also excited and so I can't sleep. Tomorrow my husband's salon opens! Opening his own hair salon has been his dream for most of his life and tomorrow morning it will come true. We've been so busy the last month remodeling and redecorating and cleaning and getting the right equipment and now, finally, it will pay off! Tonight when the sign guy came to put the salon name and phone number in the window I almost cried! I'm so thrilled that my hubby gets to live his dream like I get to live mine (being a stay at home homeschooling mother)! God has been so good to us!
I'm also excited because the salon is within walking distance of our house. No more 20 - 30 minute commute!
So my goal is to pamper my husband tomorrow night when he gets off work, have dinner ready, give him a foot massage, put the kids to bed early, and let him relax. No "honey do" list! He's been working so hard to get this thing off the ground, he'll appreciate the extra attention!
As for my last goal, I did pray for my 2 friends all weekend but I haven't written their letters yet. I'd like to get that done tomorrow but probably won't get to it until Wednesday. I'll keep you posted on that!
Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

  1. Penny,

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment!

    I love your hair, girl. I have been thinking about blue or pink recently myself, but I haven't decided yet if I want to re-visit my ultra-colorful hair days.

    Congratulations on the salon! I hope it does well for all of you.

    Your 100 things list is great. I did a 100 Things About Me list, but have not done the 100 Things I Love About my Life yet. A good idea! I'm going to have to think about this one! :)

    ReplyDelete